Volunteer & Employment
There are different ways that you can help. Please call us at (203) 624-2600 x118 or email us at for more information.
- Data entry
- Provide child care at the Family CT office while parents meet in an educational support group
- Desktop publishing
- Coordinate a special project
- Write for our newsletter
- Help with a special event-make calls, seek donations, theme planning and execution
The Nurturing Families Network has a special need for volunteers:
- Serve on an Advisory Council to offer program input and development
- Actively publicize the program
- Raise money through special events and fundraisers to purchase needed infant and toddler supplies
“Adopt” a Child or Family
Donate new toys, clothing and household items for a specific child or family. Call us and we'll give you a description of the child or family and their needs. Items must be new and are especially appreciated around the holiday season.
Adopt our Agency
There are always things we need -Donate
- Diapers in all sizes
- A children's magazine subscription
- Art or music lessons
- Grocery store gift certificates
- Taxi gift card
- Bus tokens
- Hair cuts
- Disposable camera with developing
- A plant
- Your company's service
- Your own special talent
- Cash donations to support Family CT programs
Seeking Young Professionals to join Events Committee - Making A Difference...One Party at a Time!
Purpose: To develop and encourage philanthropy and social activism. The Events Committee will help Family CT fulfill its mission and sustain program services to families through the development of fundraising events. Target audience: Young professionals (ages 20’s-late 30’s) with the means and social network who will commit to organizing and attending fundraising events to benefit Family CT. Benefits to committee members:
- The opportunity to “give back” and make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged abused and neglected children and parents.
- Attend fun social gatherings with old and new friends.
- Network with professionals from an array of career fields.
- Gain project management skills.
- Enhance your resume.
- Look attractive to potential employers.
- Special recognition in Family CT publications, press releases and on our website.
- Attend event planning meetings.
- Help organize an event (s) to raise funding for Family CT, such as a cocktail party at a house, themed holiday celebration at a bar/restaurant or other creative event. Events will be organized and executed by committee members with support from Family CT executive director and development officer. Examples of member responsibilities will include: generating ideas for an event; securing event location and other logistics; making phone calls, writing letters and emails; and mailing invitations.
- Actively support the event- purchase tickets ($50 or higher) and approach family members, friends and colleagues to attend the event.
If you are interested in joining Family CT’s Event Committee, please contact Cheryl Burack.Back to Top
Family Centered Services of CT, Inc. provides direct, home-based services to families in Greater New Haven to prevent child abuse, neglect and victimization across the life span and to serve those affected through home visiting, parenting education, counseling and advocacy. A Connecticut drivers license and car in good working order is required for all positions. There is a required level of auto insurance. Comfort in home visiting is required. Some positions require Saturday or evening hours.
Family CT provides opportunities for ongoing professional development, excellent benefits and a creative and supportive workplace.
Send your resume to
Parent Educator, Positive Parenting Program: Visit at-risk families in their home to assess strengths and needs and provide curriculum-based parenting education to improve parenting.
Bachelor’s Degree required, with at least two years experience with children and familes. Knowledge about culturally sensitive positive parenting skills. Knowledge of age-appropriate child development. Demonstrated problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy required. Comfort in making home visits.
This position will require Saturday hours (work week Tuesday-Saturday).